Defense of democracy and
The association aims to offer its members tools for reflection that will enable them to intervene in all spheres of society in defense of democracy and fundamental rights.
To do this, it intends to:
* Encourage the reflections and common actions of all the legal professions, with a view to going beyond corporatisms and the purely technical understanding of the law
* Found a critical thought that questions all concepts and promotes the defense of fundamental rights, equality, social justice and peace
* Thinking about democracy inside and outside the capitalist system, with or beyond state sovereignty
* Establish close relations at European and international level in order to engage a critical analysis of national laws, European law and international law, in their relations between them
* Advocate for the effectiveness of rights already recognized, their extension and their justiciability before national and international courts, existing or to be created
* Take into consideration any request for obtaining new rights that are part of a progress in democracy
* organizes national meetings of reflection open to members of the association and days of debates open to legal professionals
* takes a stand against human rights violations in France and around the world and supports any initiative in this direction* participe aux travaux et activités de l’Association européenne des juristes pour la démocratie et les droits de l’homme
* establishes contacts at international level.